LEARN TO READ APPS Kinephonics – Technology
LiP FiT™ Phonics 1
Makes LEARNING the sounds of the alphabet logical and achievable for children, parents and teachers
LiP FiT™ Phonics 1 introduces the user to the sounds of the alphabet located at the beginning and end of words. The mouth formations are the way the user can distinguish between the sounds in the words.
• Shows the link between sounds and letters
• Teaches the mouth movements
• Creates the foundation for speech, writing and reading
• Essential practice for learning the sounds of the alphabet from 3 years old
Sounds include: a, b, c, ch, cr, d, dr, e, f, fr, g, h, i, j, k, kn, l, m, n, ng, o, p, ph, qu, r, s, sp, st, sw, sh, t, th, u, v, w, wr, wh, x, y, y, z.
For ages 7plus: Use LiP FiT™ applications when you are concerned about your child’s achievement in spelling, reading, comprehension; or visual and/or auditory processing.
Copyright © December 2015 Inschool Teaching Australia Pty Limited
Developing Reading and Language Skills Provisional Patent 2016
LiP FiT™ Phonics 2
Makes COMBINING the vowels sounds logical (and achievable) for children, parents and teachers
LiP FiT™ Phonics 2 introduces the user to the combinations of vowel sounds found mostly in the middle of words. The mouth formations are the way the user can distinguish between the sounds in the words.
• Essential practice for combining the sounds of the alphabet from 3 years old
Letter combinations include: ay, ai, ei, aw, au, ar, all, alk, er, ur, ir, wor, ea, ed, ed, ee, ea, ey, ing, ite, igh, ie, ice, oa, oo, ew, oo, ow, ou, ow, oy, ough, ute, ui, ue.
Also included: words with 2-4 syllables.
LiP FiT™ SPELL
Makes SPELLING logical and achievable
With the focus on your mouth and lip movements, spelling becomes more achievable. Your mouth formations are the way you can remember how to spell the words.
LiP FiT™ Spell [ENGLISH] gives you the opportunity to practise your spelling skills. You can see the word, hear the word, watch and feel your mouth move as you say the word.
1. Look into the mirror and say the word slowly
2. Watch and feel your mouth and lip movements
3. Type the letters to match your mouth movements
4. Choose a voice
5. Press the Talk button
6. Listen to the word: Does it say what you want it to say?
Fix your spelling
1. Press the TALK button
2. Listen to the word
3. Look in the mirror as you say the word
4. Connect your mouth movements to the letters
5. Change or add letters
1. Slow the speech rate
2. Include punctuation marks
3. Use text box functions such as spell check, select and search
Using WORD LIST
• Words/phrases will be saved when the TALK button has been pressed
• Press each box to revise the word or phrase
LiP FiT™ LANGUAGE
Makes SPEAKING another language logical and achievable
LiPFiT™ LANGUAGE [For all languages on device] gives the user the opportunity to practise speaking in another language The mouth formations are the way the user can distinguish between and remember the sounds of the new words.
With the focus on your mouth and lip movements, speaking (and learning) new languages becomes more achievable. Your mouth formations are the way you can remember the words.
-Support your children's literacy success by using this app to understand the language learning process.
-Pronounce difficult names and places in all languages.
-Combine this app with your favourite language learning community, dictionary or translation tool to learn a new language.
-Prepare for your travel adventures by compiling a list of your most important phrases. Remember the pronunciation and the rhythm of the language by focusing on your mouth movements.
How it works:
Look into the mirror and say the new words. Listen to the sounds and rhythm of the language and make your lips move to match the sounds. Think about the meaning of the words.
1. Type a word or a phrase into the text box
2. Choose a voice to match the language
3. Press the TALK button
5. Look in the mirror as you say the words
6. Make your lips move to match the sounds
• Include punctuation marks
• Slow the speech rate with the slider
• Compare voices
• Use text box functions such as cut and paste, copy, translate and other system specific features.
Using the Word list
• Words/phrases will be saved on to the word list when the TALK button has been pressed